15 January, 2009

Being Jack-ed !!!

When I first read about Titanic story in 9th or 10th standard, I tried to visualize the tragedy,and almost sighed for the passengers. When I saw the movie, it seemed so real, I almost cried for the victims. But to be on a ship that is drowning is altogether a different experience than reading about it or viewing it on screen. So, I wished I were on such a ship since I was sure I wont repeat the mistake Jack did in Titanic movie...

Unfortunately, my destiny's sense of humor is a bit wicked, and so my this particular wish was granted! I am serving a company which is going through turbulent times, and has hit a "confession-iceberg". And believe me its nonetheless a similar experience. Chaos has replaced professionalism, panic can be seen instead of foundation on girls' faces and guys are considering transition to 502 Pataka bidi from Marlboro ! But my heart pounds for the family bugs, whose wings are under scissors because of bank EMIs(not Electro Magnetic Interference) they wont be able to pay...They are going through a hailstorm and that too with a bald head!

But there is another side of the coin too....There are people who made the hay, while the sun was shining. I personally know 5-6 guys in my unit, who got engaged before this mayhem triggered. They also sigh, but a sigh of relief. And for others who were planning getting engaged mid-year, it would happen but with some extra grey hair! More happy people include new joinees, who got rid of their 'back home-sourhearts' as they have a valid reason now, not to call everyday.
The other good thing being, less phone calls by banks for loans and credit cards. Yesterday only, my friend got a call from a bank for a credit card, we all jumped at him and asked him to tell our company's name...the result...the caller hanged up apologising and sympathesizing. Otherwise it would have been a long call asking why you dont need a card or loan.
In another incident, that raised eyebrows of my colleague, he got a message from bank about reduction in his credit limit to 3k from 100k.We all giggled at him and he was fuming like a "Act II popcorn in making", but soon our mobiles also beeped to his rescue. And now it was his turn to laugh!

The flip side being, all things that seemed to be pleasing few days ago, seem to be teasing now. The sign boards of Sale seem to jeer at you, low air fares mean just a sarcastic joke and fuel-cuts make you feel like govt. is playing prank on you. To add to your woes, you open TV to relax and see every news channel broadcasting same horror movie starring your company. So, even jumping channels feel like crossing a lake with crocodiles as the only stepping stones.

The only option left.......to destress yourself by lending stress to others. So, I have started singing loud during shower; I dont keep change now and hand-over Rs. 500 note while buying Rs.1 rupee chlormint; et cetera et cetera....

Infact, I am seriously considering to record a message for all those "well-wishers" who call only when you are experiencing blues, explaining the situation and save me from hand-picking my own hair! Moreover, I am planning to appease all my relatives, who always crave for my visit to their abode. But, I ll make sure to stay for such a duration that I dont have to pay for the return-ticket!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so now do you hate the name raju? and scoff everytime you read SATYAM? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if I say no, would u believe it ? :)
    anyways, yes it was difficult to swallow the deceit. But since I am a conservative type of person in the sense that when I get attached to somebody, it becomes very difficult to part with it, even if it is an old pair of jeans :)
    And in this case, it was or rather still is my first organisation! Hence,the attachment outweighed the other things...!
    So, I am pretty much comfortable talking bout both the names ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. there you go! there's nothing conservative about being loyal..although sometimes emotional decisions do no good to you..speaking from personal experiences..anyway..life moves on..doesnt it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah...absolutely :)

    but good or bad,profit or loss depends on your own priorities.For me, if I ve to lose few bucks so as not to bear any guilt on my conscious, I ll consider it a profitable deal.In short,I also take practical decisions but 'zara hutt ke' :) . And my priorities are tatooed in my mind(not on body like Ghajini);)

    But yes, as u said, emotional decisions have their own side effects..and u ve to take them as a part of deal!

    ReplyDelete